Finding the Opportunity and Articulating the Value of Green
Attracting Eco-Conscious Consumers to Your Business
WHEELING, IL— As a decision-maker, you’re celebrated for your ingenuity and dedication to growing your business. Rather than telling anyone the “right way” to do green at your company, the Green Funeral Conference 2022 is designed to spark ideas that you can test in your business and discover what works for you. Join the Cremation Association of North American (CANA) and Passages International, Inc. September 13-15 in Albuquerque, New Mexico and be inspired!
The Green Funeral Conference is designed to help professionals from across the funeral profession find new paths that keep them ahead of their competition. Janice Honeycutt Hering, Albuquerque-based CEO Coach of Firecracker Leadership, leads the event with a keynote on How to Strengthen your Mental Fitness to Find the Gift and Opportunity in any Situation. She will guide participants on how to react and respond to the circumstances beyond their control and find peace.
“Today’s highly volatile environment makes the ability to look ahead and proactively implement changes to satisfy future market opportunities a critical strategy for company survival,” explains Hering. “Being aware of our own mindset and building and strengthening our muscles to approach our challenges from a positive mindset opens opportunities we never considered. The leaders who master that will have a definite competitive edge.” She will contribute throughout the conference with insights into leadership and mental fitness that professionals at any stage of their career can use.
With more and more people taking steps to reduce their personal carbon footprint, how can your business demonstrate its commitment to the environment and your eco-conscious families? Three marketing experts head to the Green Funeral Conference to talk about making digital marketing tools a success for your business. Elizabeth Davis, Vice President of Marketing for Passages International, has spent nearly 15 years working professionally in digital marketing, media relations, social media, event management, and content strategy. She is joined by Kilian Rempen, Marketing Manager for Passages International, who studied Marketing & International Business, and Katey Houston, a licensed funeral director and embalmer and Service Manager for Return Home, which boasts one of the most powerful TikTok presences in the funeral industry.
Conference speakers will cover a range of green topics:
- Jodie Buller of White Eagle Preserve and Rachel Essig of River View Cemetery Funeral Home will talk about Cemeteries – In Shades of Green for developing financially sustainable green business models.
- Tom Antram, of French Funerals, will speak on Greening the Cremation Process: A Case Study on Value Additions for Cremation Families while being more sustainable for the future.
- Three experts from across the profession come together to share their experience on the Emerging Trends Panel. Lindsey Ballard of Ballard-Sunder Funeral & Cremation will discuss alkaline hydrolysis, Brie Smith of Return Home gets to the heart of natural organic reduction, and Darren Crouch with Passages International, Inc. provides insights on sustainable products and fair trade.
- The Doing Green Practitioner Panel invites practitioners to the stage to share their successes and struggles implementing green activities in their business.
- Rounding out the event, Barbara Kemmis of CANA will lead attendees in aWorkshop – Putting it into Practice on key takeaways from the Conference.
- …plus, the always popular Roundtable Conversations offer collaborative discussion on how attendees can apply this to their business.
A perennial favorite of the Green Funeral Conference, attendees will also have the opportunity to get their hands on green funeral products! Practice assembling the Passages flat-packed sustainable, fair trade cremation container and shrouding a body as part of the hands-on demonstration session.
Learn new, creative options for your families and your marketing at the Green Funeral Conference 2022! Join your eco-curious colleagues September 13-15, 2022, at the Sandia Resort and Casino in Albuquerque. With thanks to lead sponsor Passages International, Inc. and fellow event sponsors Nomis Publications and Starmark Cremation Products. See the full schedule and register to attend: goCANA.org/GFC2022
Founded in 1913, the Cremation Association of North America (CANA) is an international organization of over 3,500 members, composed of funeral homes, cemeteries, crematories, industry suppliers, and consultants. CANA members believe that cremation is preparation for memorialization. For more information about CANA, visit www.CremationAssociation.org.
About Passages International
Passages International, Inc. has led the green sector of the funeral industry for 20 years, with the largest selection of innovative, environmentally-friendly urns, caskets, and memorial products. For more information on green funerals and their benefits visit www.agreenerfuneral.org. For more information on Passages products or Fair Trade, visit www.passagesinternational.com.