Selected Independent Funeral Homes to Host 104th Annual Meeting in Washington, DC
Leading independent funeral professionals will gather for inspiration, collaboration and rejuvenation.
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – July 25, 2022 — Selected Independent Funeral Homes will host its 104th Annual Meeting at the Grand Hyatt Washington in Washington, DC, on September 21-24, 2022. The theme for this year’s meeting is “Connect. Collaborate. Celebrate.” Throughout the meeting, the Association will encourage participants to connect with colleagues, collaborate on innovative ideas and celebrate, not only unique Selected traditions, but also the unique value they bring to their communities.
A key component in every firm’s value is its staff. Keynote speaker Alyson Van Hooser will share how funeral service professionals can lead, influence and impact generationally diverse staff. Her session, “Future-Proof Leadership Strategy: Stories, Not Statistics,” will offer insights which foster authentic connections between the members of any team. Another essential value element is brand. In the session, “Brand Now: Scrappy Ideas for How to Stand Out in a Crowded World and What to Do Next,” Nick Westergaard will demonstrate how to build value into a firm through seven Brand Now dynamics.
Many other dynamic speakers will add value by sharing their insights at the Annual Meeting. View a list of all speakers and sessions online. Additional highlights will include the following:
- Up to 9.5 hours of continuing education credit (0.95 CE Units) by the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice and states requiring CE. (Approvals vary by state.)
- Recognition of Selected Membership Milestone anniversaries.
- Induction of Selected’s 2022-2023 Board Chair, President and Board Directors, plus recognition of outgoing Officers.
- Recognition of the Selected Educational Trust’s Ambassador of the Year Awards honoring Funeral Service Professional Charles M. “Chip” Billow, President & Chief Executive Officer of Billow’s Funeral Homes & Crematory in Akron, Ohio; and
- Industry Partner Leader Kevin Czachor, CSO of ASD – Answering Service for Directors, in Media, Penn.
- Opportunities to connect with Selected’s Preferred Partners both at their individual displays and during informational “Conversation Café” sessions.
About Selected Independent Funeral Homes: For more than 100 years, Selected Independent Funeral Homes has been a leading association of independently owned death-care providers. The Association connects leaders in funeral service by delivering innovative and pertinent resources, solutions and ongoing support to its international network. These leaders transform care as they aspire to the highest quality standards and best practices. As the capstone of Selected’s year, the Annual Meeting gives members and participants an opportunity to create the future of funeral service.